GAT Airline Ground Support is seeking dynamic, capable, and dependable individuals to join its team of aviation professionals at the San Francisco International Airport. Starting rate of pay is $14.00 - $15.50 per hour, depending on experience.
GAT offers a wide range of employee benefits to include major medical, 401K Plan, Dental and Vision coverage.
Position: Ramp Agent
Location: San Francisco International Airport
Classification: Variable Hour, Non-Exempt
Job Summary: Ramp Agents load and unload customer bags, operate ground service equipment, coordinate the servicing of arriving and departing aircraft, prepare aircraft cabins for departure, assist with ramp services including waste disposal and re-servicing of aircraft. Ramp Agents also assist customers and comply with any ad-hoc requests as needed. Individuals must be comfortable serving customers and proficient in using computers. Ramp Agents must be capable of working in stressful situations, under rigid time constraints, and in the outdoors under various weather related and noise conditions.
• Lift, load, unload, and transport customer bags and cargo to/from aircrafts, bag carts, and conveyor belts
• Drive and operate ground support equipment
• Perform FOD walks in the ramp area between flights
• Marshal aircrafts during arrival and departures
• Perform cosmetic arrangement of seat belts, headrests, etc.
• Prepare cabin for customer boarding and departure, which can include cleaning of seats, seat pockets, floor, galleys and lavatories
• Ensure necessary ground equipment is available in the ramp area and bag room for upcoming flights
• Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous materials identification labels, aircraft loading manifest, and baggage routing tags
• Follow and comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority, and carrier rules and regulations
• Adhere to company policies and procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Maintain safe work environment
• Maintain an understanding of and follow all applicable federal, state, airport, and company regulations, policies and procedures
• Must have a High School diploma, GED
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Capable of processing information in a timely manner
• Must have and maintain a Valid California Driver’s License
• Able to proficiently speak, read, and write in English
• Basic computer literacy
• Previous ramp or airline experience preferred
• Must successfully complete all training requirements and maintain certifications throughout employment
• Must clear a FBI finger print background check and obtain a custom seal
• Must pass pre-employment drug screen
• Must be physically fit to perform duties of the job including but not limited to standing, lifting, bending, pushing, and pulling for extended periods of time
• Capable of repetitively lifting up to 70 pounds in confined spaces and repetitively
• Must be physically fit to perform the duties of the job
• Willing to work outside in all types of weather conditions with exposure to loud noises
• Able to work and focus in a fast-paced environment
• Must be detail oriented
• Must always be safety-minded while working
• Effectively communicates instructions, policies, and procedures in a manner others can follow
Specific Working Hours
• Must be able and flexible to work variable shifts, weekends, and holidays
• Specific shifts to be determined
• Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations
GAT Airline Ground Support, as an equal opportunity employer, makes hiring decisions based on business needs and the best-qualified candidates available and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
GAT Airline Ground Support is a drug free workplace and conducts random drug test.
Employment with GAT Airline Ground Support is contingent upon a clear driving record, 10-year criminal History records check, and drug screen as required. You must also have proof of high school or GED completion.