We are seeking a highly motivated individual, a self-starter and team player, with a strong drive for results and continual improvement. In joining our team, you will enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, and a creative and energetic work environment.
Manager Positions have the responsibility for establishing safety policies, procedures and working conditions that affect the employee on the job. Responsible for immediate work environment as well as the actions of all persons who report to them. Must communicate all safety policies and procedures within their operation. Direct and coordinate activities to provide a safe environment for employees while maintaining fast and efficient services. This position requires working in a fast-paced environment with time constraints to meet arrival and departure goals. The manager must consistently display a professional and positive image.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Managers must be able to conduct monthly safety meetings for all employees (without exception). Must be able to conduct flight audits, station audits and "at risk" behavior audits.
• Participate in monthly company safety conference calls.
• Able to communicate and instill safety awareness in all employees including new hires.
• Work in conjunction with Customer to determine manpower requirements for group movements, peak travel holidays, out of scope and flight schedule changes.
• Oversee recruiting and placement efforts to ensure staffing levels meet requirements and exercise best possible effort to follow any instructions provided by Customer or their designee regarding standards, procedures and practices.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies including FAA, OSHA, EPA, US Dept. of Labor and EEOC.
• Investigate, report and implement corrective action for any incident of aircraft damage or employee injury and conduct/participate in employee coaching and counseling as necessary.
• Oversee any disciplinary action resulting or potentially leading to termination in order to ensure proper documentation and consistent application of policies.
• Coordinate purchases for operational necessities and ensure adequate supplies are available to meet customer standards.
• Review final payroll and daily hours to ensure salaries and wages remain within budgetary restraints.
• Monitor impact of operational irregularities on such costs and ensure out of scope is documented and approved accordingly.
• Conduct weekly Lead/Supervisor meetings, daily briefings with GSE mechanic for equipment updates and timely repair, participate in employee shift briefings and customer shift briefings or team meetings as required.
• Observe and ensure full compliance of uniform and appearance guidelines and inspect facility daily including supply rooms, storage rooms, storage, break rooms and office areas.
• Review all daily, weekly and monthly operational reports to ensure proper dissemination, including but not limited to, shift reports, disciplinary actions, incident reports, safety meeting minutes, monthly summary report, pay change notices, employee evaluations, work orders, or any other local reporting medium.
• Investigate all service failures including chargeable delays, baggage/cargo/mail mishandling.
• Administer station operational plans such as deicing, FOD, safety, winter operation and baggage plans.
• Complete personnel evaluations on supervisors, administrative assistants and GSE mechanics.
• Liaise with all customer service, airport, USPS and our customer.
• Respond to and/or investigate concerns reported by customer's supervisory personnel.
• Perform routine visits to the various authorities to discuss issues and concerns.
• Attend all local airport tenant, security and safety meetings.
• Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid state driver's license.
• Ability to utilize business mathematics and perform the operations using weight measurement, volume, distance and money.
• Ability to read, fluently speak, and understands the English language.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• College degree in Business is preferred.
• Must possess basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
• Ability to navigate electronic devices (phones, computers, fax machines, printers, time clock, etc.).
• Must be physically fit to perform duties of the job including but not limited to standing, lifting, bending, pushing, and pulling for extended periods of time
• Capable of repetitively lifting up to 70 pounds in confined spaces and repetitively
• Must be physically fit to perform the duties of the job
• Willing to work outside in all types of weather conditions with exposure to loud noises
• Able to work and focus in a fast-paced environment
• Must be detail and results oriented
• Must always be safety-minded while working
• Effectively communicates instructions, policies, and procedures others can follow
• Provide positive and constructive feedback
• Maintains an understanding of and follows all applicable federal, state, airport, and company regulations, policies and procedures
Specific Working Hours
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able and flexible to work variable shifts, weekends, and holidays
• Specific shifts to be determined
• Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations
GAT Airline Ground Support, as an equal opportunity employer, makes hiring decisions based on business needs and the best-qualified candidates available and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
GAT Airline Ground Support is a drug free workplace and conducts random drug test.
Employment with GAT Airline Ground Support is contingent upon a clear driving record, 10-year criminal History records check, and drug screen as required. You must also have proof of high school or GED completion.
Starting rate of pay is negotiable depending on experienceApply Here